Terrorist: What happens when Allah doesn't answer

'I was so blind that the good things looked dark and the bad things looked light'

Editor's Note: This is the second of a three-part series about Kamal Saleem, a onetime terrorist who abandoned violence for Christianity. 

 Trained from childhood to fight in jihad for the cause of Allah, former terrorist Kamal Saleem says he learned early to hate Christians and Jews. The response he got from Christians, however, changed his life. The former soldier for Allah says in his biography that he was recruited by the Muslim Brotherhood for jihad and completed his first terrorist assignment when he was 7 years old. Saleem says that with his upbringing, it was only natural that he would grow up with a desire to bring the West under the control of Shariah law, and, in fact, he was dispatched to Europe, then to the U.S., on that mission. Read the full story, in "The Blood of Lambs: A Former Terrorist's Memoir of Death and Redemption" But a 1985 traffic accident created a detour. "My car was very small and it has a T-top, so when the 18-wheeler broad-sided me, I ejected from car and landed on my head in a mud hole upside down," Saleem related. "I cried out for Allah, but Allah didn't come to save me. I cried, 'Allah where are you?'" Saleem added. Full Story>>